The complex was built in the late 16th century by Flavio Barbarano who transformed the old rural building into a villa. Surrounded by stone walls, in 1602 an imposing ashlar gate was built which still welcomes those who come from the direction of Albaria Street.
In the 1800s, the villa was heavily altered, a fact that changed the original 16th century appearance, however, significant architectural elements remain.
In addition to the Villa, there is complex of buildings arranged in a “U” shape and divided into two barns. The building on the right is presumed to date back to the 1600s while the one on the left is characterized by a long porch with Tuscan columns.